Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Weeks Worth Of Bloggin'

I've been a little under the weather this past week and unfortunately haven't had a chance to blog.  So, prepare yourself for a lengthy read.  Aunt Na Na's got a weeks worth of bloggin' to do....

Last Sunday Luke and Ella (along with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Quincy, and I) traveled to Denham Springs to Aunt Diane and Uncle Blair's house to visit with Aunt Nelly and Uncle Mel before they left to go home to California.  They both had a great time.  Ella decided while she was there that she needed to try on everyone else's clothes. 

Here she is trying on Uncle Mel's hat:
She also wanted to walk around and model my flip flops.

Luke also had a good time visiting with his family.  Aunt Diane and Uncle Blair even had special crayon popsicles at their house they shared with us.  The kids sure thought they were yummy!  Look at that smile!

On the ride home Luke entertained himself with Uncle Quincy's phone.
Ella had a better time though entertaining us!  Haha  (Warning: some of these videos are long and have to be broken into parts)



I had a small surgery scheduled for Monday - so Luke and Ella got a special treat.  They got to go spend the day with their Poppa (Terry - Scott's Dad).  Terry came and picked them up early Monday morning and they spent the entire day with him and Izzie (Liz).  They even surprised their Izzie and took her out to a fun lunch at McDonalds.  Before they left, Grandma told them that if they were good all day that she had a special surprise for them from Momma when they got home.  (We had gotten notice that Angie's box had arrived and planned to pick it up from the post office that morning so it would be here for them to open that night.)  Of course, they are always good for their Poppa but a little bribery to make sure never hurt.  :)

When they got home that afternoon, Ella came back to my room to see how I was.  She needed to make sure her BFF was feeling ok.  She climbed up in bed with me and gave me the sweetest hugs and even a sweet little kiss on the forehead.  She made me feel better than any medicine ever could!

Later that evening, we enjoyed listening to them tell us all about their day.  They sure did have a good time.  Then it was time for the surprise!  Grandma helped them open their box and they LOVED what they found inside. 



Tuesday both of the kids enjoyed a laid back day at home just being silly little things.  Luke loves taking silly silly pictures!
and even sillier pictures...

Ella did a good job checking on her BFF during the day as well.  She was so sweet giving lots of kisses.  However, when she thought it was time for me to feel better and I didn't, she decided punching me in the face would get me moving!  She is such a bully, even to her BFF!  Gotta love her!

Wednesday Grandma and Grandpa had plans to go to McComb to celebrate a family friend's birthday (Happy Birthday Katy!)  Since I still wasn't feeling well from my surgery, Uncle Quincy offered  to babysit the kids for the evening.  Grandma knew that Ella was in much need of a nap if Uncle Quincy had any chance of surviving the evening alone.  Grandma called in reinforcement!  Grandpa came prepared and in no time the Nytol Express had the girl in dream land! 
Ella sure is a cutie patootie when she naps... then again she is when she is awake too! 
When Grandma and Grandpa were getting dressed to go, Grandma caught Uncle Quincy "napping."  When she asked him if he was gonna wake up to watch the kids while they were gone, he replied, "Yea, I just needed a nap so I'd have the energy to keep up with them!"  Ha!
Thursday came and it was really special.  It was Momma's Birthday!  Ethan and Erica had come over to play for the day and spend the night, so when Momma called the kids on Skype to talk for her birthday, they all four got a chance to say hi and sing Happy Birthday to her.  It was a special treat for all! Check out Angie's blog for pics of their special time.  Later, Grandma tried to take the four of them to McDonalds to play but unfortunately it was closed for maintenance.  They settled for happy meals, apple pies, and a promise to return the next day for a fun day of playing.  Luke and Ella had a great night with their cousins playing and telling stories.  Slumber parties are soooo much fun!

When Friday came, the kids all got another surprise.  They got to talk to Momma AND Daddy on skype!  It was a short call, but the kids had definitely been missing seeing Daddy's face.  We are so glad they could finally see them both together again as well.  (Luke is very concerned that his Momma is all alone but we keep reassuring him that Daddy is with her and she doesn't have to sleep all by herself.)

Later, Grandma took the kids back to McDonalds as promised.  They played and played and played.  Plus, they all four thought they were in heaven - happy meals and apple pies two days in a row - they definitely felt special!  haha 

Aunt Lizzie came and picked up Ethan and Erica that evening when she got off work and they all made plans for Luke and Ella to spend the night with them at their house next week before school starts. 

After dinner (but before bath time), I was feeling a lot better and decided to challenge Ella to a game of air hockey.  She is one tough little competitor and made me understand that no matter what was going on or how the game ended - she was the winner!!!
Later, Luke and Ella took baths and we all watched a movie.  Grandma popped popcorn for everyone to share.  Luke wanted the blue bowl to eat his popcorn in.
Ella decided she needed the pink bowl and let me tell you, she wanted to eat all the popcorn herself!  She did (eventually) agree to let me give her brother a couple of more bowl fulls.   But that was only on the condition that he ate the popcorn out of his own bowl and not hers!  (He is such a good sport!)

Saturday was a big day for Luke.  We were going shoe shopping to buy his new shoes for school!  What an adventure that day turned out to be!  haha

That morning, I was feeling so much better and after a week in the bed, I was ready to get out of the house.  I got up early and went to a couple of yardsales with Mom and Margaret.  While I was gone, I asked Quincy to get the kids dressed and feed them lunch so they would be ready to go when I got home.  He did a good job dressing Luke.
He did dress Ella as well - however - his choice of clothing was not so cute!  Ella and I (after a quick costume change) had to explain to him that she could not wear a mostly white shirt with a white skirt!!!! Oh, and he had forgotten the bow! haha 

It was finally time to hit the road!  Ella took a nap on the way to Baton Rouge - she knew she would need her energy for all the shopping we had to do!!!
Luke, on the other hand, was ready to talk!  We talked all day long!  He came up with some of the funniest stories Quincy and I had ever heard.  Below are a few of the conversations we had that day. 

On the ride to BR, we stopped at Taco Bell for a drink and cinnamon twists.  Luke was talking and asked a question and I answered it.  He informed me that he was not talking to me, he was talking to his Uncle Quincy.  I told him that that was not very nice and that he needed to be nice to me.  He said ok.  I then asked him if he wanted some more cinnamon twists.  He replied "Yes."  We have all been working really hard with him to say yes and no Ma'am and Sir since it will be expected at school, so I replied back, "Yes what?", fully expecting a "yes ma'am response."  He stated adamantly - "Yes, I said I will be nice to you!"  Quincy and I almost peed our pants laughing!  haha

Later, while we were still on the road to BR, Luke was playing a hunting game on his iphone.  He yells - "Uncle Quincy, I just killed two squirrels!"  Quincy replies, "Wow Luke - You are a great hunter."  Luke calmly responds, "Yea, Well on the phone I am."  Once again, we almost needed another set of pants!

We finally arrived in BR and went to the first stop - Academy on Seigen.  (This location will be important later.)  It was so so so crowded!  (I guess that is what happens when you have a tax free day!)  We made our way to the aisles and looked at all the shoes.  We saw a pair of black Nikes and black New Balance that were ok - but after trying on the 11 and the 12 we figured he needed an 11.5.  Of course, they didn't have any 11.5s.  During our search, Luke saw a pair of light up spider man shoes that he LOVED!  We promised him if he was good all day long that we would get him a pair of spider man shoes for play time and free dress day.  He happily agreed. 

On our way out of the first store - the kids (Ok, Luke) pulled us into the toy gun aisle.  In that Aisle, Luke found the perfect present for Ella for her birthday or Christmas.
Ella had something else in her grips that she wanted...

For the next couple of hours we shopped and shopped and shopped for shoes in an 11.5.  We couldn't find them anywhere!  At one of our stops, I opened the door to get Luke out and he asked what we were there for.  I told him we were looking for shoes.  He asked if they sold toys at this store - and I replied No.  He collapsed in his seat and said, "I'm just gonna take a nap - I am much too tired to shop for shoes!"  Such a little character.  We repeated that same question and answer session at every stop!

Finally we found the perfect shoe in an 11.5 - and guess what!!!  It was toooooooooo small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He needed the 12!!!!!!  And guess what else - they didn't have a 12 at that store!!!!!!!   Poor Luke!  haha  So, the sales associate told us they had another store across town that was in the same shopping center as Chucky E. Cheese.  Perfect!  We can go over there, get the shoes, and meet Cassie, James, and the kids for a little fun.  We have a plan and are all super happy. 

On the drive to the store - Luke inquires about how many "sons" I have.  I explain to him that I don't have any children but have 6 wonderful nieces and nephews.  He then needed to know what a "nerf" was.  I did my best to explain.  He acted as though he understood and then informed Quincy and I that he and Ella were Scott and Angie's grand kids.  Ha!

After that - Luke had another fascinating story to tell.  Y'all are gonna love this one.  So, Luke tells us that Angie got pregnant one time and she thought it was a girl.  But it ended up being a boy.  So her and Scott named the baby Luke and it grew up to be him.  Then they had Ella (and this last part was said with as little enthusiasm and emphasis as possible.) 

We finally make it to the other store - and go figure - NO SHOES!!!  They don't have the same shoes as the other store.  Quincy and I decide that we are going to find every pair of size 12s we can and see if any of them would be ok.  No such luck!  We decided at this point we would suspend the shoe search until after dinner so the kids could run off some of their energy.  Worst case, we could always go to Hammond on Sunday.

We all met Cassie, James, Josh, Cam, Jayme, and Caitlyn at Chuck E. Cheese for a little fun and stress relief.  While we waited for them to arrive - we ate some pizza and just acted silly.  Ella was sure glad to get to run free for a minute.

Here is a shot of Luke and his BFF.
And me with mine.
And even after hours of shopping - she still wanted to give me lots of lovin'!

Once Cassie and Gang got there - we all enjoyed our pizza and a little visiting - then it was GAME time!  The kids had a great time - and Quincy and I did as well.  We especially loved watching them ride the race horse ride.  Luke was quite the horseman!

Ella drew a crowd when it was her turn to ride the race horse. No one could believe how little and independent she was.  That's our girl!
After lots and lots of playing - it was time to leave.  We all gave Cassie, James, and the kids lovin' and we set off on our way.  We only had a few minutes before we thought the store would close - so I asked Quincy to stop by the first store we had gone to that day so I could just run in and see what they had.  I figured I could grab a cute pair of 12s and the spider man shoes and if they didn't work, I could bring them back to the Hammond store.  When we got to the store, we saw that it was still an hour before the store closed.  Awesome.  Quincy dropped me off at the door so I could go pick out a couple of 12s for Luke to try on and he parked the car and brought in the kiddos.  I went in and immediately got the spider man pair that lit up (he had been so good, he really earned them!) and then looked for the other shoes.  Quincy and I agreed that after looking again at the ones we had looked at earlier that they just looked like old man shoes.  We figured since the store was quiet and we had some time, that we would just pull every pair of 12 kids shoes we saw and see if anything stood out.  All of a sudden, I pull a pair of 12s and open them up and the heavens shined down.  They were perfect.  Black, leather, toe guard, and best of all, the right size.  I asked Luke if he liked them and he said, "yes, yes, yes!"  (He was probably just ready to be done!)  He proudly tried on the shoes (both of them) for Quincy and I and walked around for us to check them out.  Perfection!  We purchased both pair and were on our way.
On the way home, Luke asked me if I was his friend.  I said, "of course, the very best kind."  He replied, "Yea, you and Momma are the very best kind of friends."  I agreed, and added, "And Daddy, too."  Of course, he added, "And Uncle Quincy cause he is my BFF - oh yea, and Ella."  He makes my heart smile.

Luke, on the way home, heard his favorite song and started singing again.  We were lucky enough to catch it on video this time.  (Listen closely!)
We had such a fun day.  It was long and exhausting, but I would do it all over again every day of my life!

Today was a little less exciting.  Luke got up this morning and went to Sunday School with his Aunt Lizzie and Ethan and Erica.  He was super excited to go.  Ella and grandma were going to join them later.  (I think I over did it a little yesterday and missed church.)  While we were getting Ella dressed, she decided to put on a show - I told her I was going to record her and show her Momma.  So, Momma, this brat is for you!  haha
After she was ready, she and grandma posed real quick for a picture before church.
Ella is doing really well today with her potty training.  She went potty at the store and at the house today.  She has been dry almost all day long!  We are so proud of her.  Luke was especially proud and wanted to tell everyone.  (Of course, after he told me he stated, "You should buy me and Scott a new hunting game so we can practice.)  Nice.

I hope that you have enjoyed this super long blog today.  I will attempt to do better at doing almost daily updates in the future. 

Until then - sending love and hugs from little arms and tiny fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment